Websites are an integral part of Most of the people today. With digitalization at peak, mostly everything is available online. Shopping malls have been replaced by e-commerce sites, Newspapers have been replaced by E-papers, Today we can even get groceries online and much more. 70 new domains and 571 new websites are created in a single minute on thewith so much competition, what should we do to make our website distinct and better from others?So let’s discuss some of the factors that can help you create a website that can stand apart from others.
1. CHOOSING A DOMAIN NAME AND HOST.
This is the first step in creating a new website. Now the most important part is choosing a domain name that is short and catchy. You don’t want a domain name longer than 16 characters as it will be hard for people to memorize, choose a domain name that is easy to remember for eg. A domain name is definitely small but is really difficult to remember.
Another important thing you want to consider is the Web Host you are choosing. In most cases, the domain name providers also provide hosting but it is wise to choose a host different than your domain provider because of following reasons:
- It will be secure as if one account is compromised other will be safe.
- If in future you want to change host then it will be quick to do so if you have a different host then the domain provider.
Before going further you should consider the platform you will make your website on. For example, if you want a simple website just to write content and share with an audience then it is okay to choose platforms like WordPress but on the other hand, if you want to build an e-commerce site it is better to build it on a platform like Magento.
3. DESIGN AND NAVIGATION.
This is another important factor that must be considered. The first thing you want to do is keeping the navigation simple for the user. Nobody wants to visit a site that is so difficult to navigate that a person has to spend 15 minutes just to find the content he needs.
Another important factor is the design of your website. Just keep in mind the target audience for whom you are developing the site for and design the website according to that because a fashion website will have a design totally different than a real estate website, so keep that in consideration.
4. CONTENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM(CMS).
The first question that arises after reading this is What is Content Management System?
A CMS is a software that helps you create, store, edit and manage content on your website without many complications. With CMS you can do following things:
- You can update the content at any time without much difficulty and without paying extra bucks to a developer to update it.
- You can redesign your website without reconstructing the whole site.
- Keep updated as the CMS will provide users with updates frequently.
- Security is a major factor to consider while developing a site. You don’t want your sites to be attacked and taken over by some Hackers after spending a lot of time and money. So here are the ways to stop this from happening:
- Keep your Software and scripts for the site up to date.
- Set complex login information for admin login.
- Use HTTPS (Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure).
- Using Website Security Tools to test the protection of your website.
6. SPEED AND PERFORMANCE.
Now let’s say your site is fully secure and have best designs but is taking a lot of time to load the content because of errors in functionalities then all the progress will be in vain. To avoid this we can do the following things:
- Use compression techniques to zip the pages so that it take less time for them to load.
- Optimize images which you can do by reducing the size and using the right format for images.
- Minimizing the HTTP requests.
7. MOBILE OPTIMIZATION.
What is mobile optimization? It is the process to make sure that when a smartphone user visits a site he get the optimalabout 1/3rd of the population is using smartphones and most of them use these devices to surf sites or do shopping on e-commerce sites. Now here are some ways by which you can optimize your site for smartphones:
- Using Responsive design for the site.
- Use shorter titles, Url’s and meta descriptions as mobile users have screen space smaller than laptops and computers.
- Optimize images for mobile devices.
- Do not use interstitial ads or popups.
So these are the basic things you have to keep in mind while starting a new website. We are open to suggestions, so if you want to add something do leave a GetTech Softwarecan also contact us for affordable and outstanding website development @